Thursday, March 12, 2009


LENS GEAR


In case anyone was wondering --and I'm quite certain no one was-- I thought I'd share the lenses with which I'm currently shooting (the accompanying images were swiped from the web, for the sake of full disclosure). First, being new at this, I knew I'd need zooms, because, let's face it, who has either the money to acquire or the means to carry a plethora of prime lenses? So zooms were the order of the day. Figuring I'd need something on the wide-end and something on the telephoto end, I read all I could on what would cover most general purposes for both ends. After weighing all the choices, I decided on the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM and the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM. This leaves me with a gap in the 55-70 range, but I figure that range could be covered by the 17-55 by means of cropping a wider shot. I think the only other lenses I'd like are a 100mm macro, a 400mm telephoto, and a 50mm prime. Of course, money doesn't fall from trees, so those will have to wait. In the mean time, I'm satisfied with what I have, which are great lenses to work with.
My friend told me photography would be addictive. I suspect it's only exceeded by the addictive power of crack.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home