Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TEKSTSTRIP
I was recently asked to do a sample character sketch to match characters from a Dutch comic-strip called Tekststrip, and I was given a link to view samples of the strip for which I would use as reference. For reasons I won't go into, I declined to work on this project. However, when I viewed the samples of the strip, which were produced around the sixties, I was duly impressed. The art is great, and I thought it was too bad that American audiences haven't had a chance to view it. It's got a wonderful animated feel, and the backgrounds and overall design are tops. The artist that did this really didn't cut corners in any way. I suggested to the person in charge of the project that they approach an American publisher to have the strips published in a trade form (which would require translations of the text and new scans of the art). We'll see how that goes. For now, here's a sample of the strip.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home