Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CLOSING IN FAST
So the San Diego Con is almost here... Well, okay, there's one month to go, but what's a month? I'm only going to be a looky-loo this year, what with my wallet being as dry as it's been, and work being scarce to boot. I guess not everyone is hurting, because four-day passes sold out like the proverbial hot-cakes. Be that as it may, I'm sure even the Con will feel some kind of hit, even if it means "big spenders" like me will be doing more looking than purchasing.
On top of that, this will be the first year the souvenir book will be printed in color, and being the dope that I am, I forgot to submit fan art for the anniversary section -- DOH!
On the bright side, the cover I did for them last year will be included in their 40th Anniversary book --Woo Hoo!

I'll be dragging a portfolio with me, as usual. And, as usual, it will probably do me no good. But one never knows where or when opportunity will knock.
I also think I may take a camera for the first time and take a gazillion shots. Maybe I'll even take a shot of Lou Ferrigno without his permission. The guy actually charges people to take his picture. His head is apparently the size of both his biceps put together. Anyway, I'll probably post pics here when I get back. But I'm jumping the gun a bit, I guess. There's still a month to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home