Monday, July 27, 2009


By now, everyone is blogging about their experience at the San Diego Comic Con. Though I had a four-day pro pass, I only attended Wednesday (preview night) and Thursday. My funds were sufficiently low such that I couldn't go on a book-buying rampage. Prior to attending, however, I fortuitously found an unused $20 gift certificate from Bud Plant -- WHOO HOO! That'll pay for one book... almost.
The economy must be taking its toll, because Bud Plant's booth was only half the usual size, a reduction I've never before witnessed since attending the Con. Perhaps it's Amazon and the internet that are the culprits, but either way, I'd hate to see Bud Plant fold.
Overall, there was little new to get me excited. Maybe because I went with the mindset that, because I can't purchase anything, I ought not get too attached to anything. Maybe that was it. I dunno.
I took my camera on preview night, but that proved too much, what with my shoulder bag and other giveaway bag to carry, so I left it home on Thursday. Consequently, I took almost no pictures at all. About the only photo I have to post is of this jolly fellow who appears to be --were such a thing possible-- the love child of Sidney Greenstreet and Carrot Top. You be the judge.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home